I didn’t think these would turn into crepes when I first saw the recipe over at Oh She Glows. But, that’s how they turned out for me.
I was looking for a quick simple dinner item and these were a hit. I used the basic garbanzo bean flour to water ratio that Angela uses, but added sautéed vegetables to the batter and spread the batter thin on the pan.
We made delicious roll-ups. Lena loved them. I think we filled them with blanched kale, avocado and tofu sour cream. The next day I had them with black beans and lettuce. Yum! Another easy, delicious meal to add to our regular rotation.
Garbanzo Bean Crepes with Sautéed Vegetables
adapted from Jumbo Chickpea Pancake from Angela Liddon at Oh She Glows
2 tsp olive oil
1/2 onion, minced
1 carrot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
pinch sea salt
1 cup garbanzo bean flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cups water
high heat oil, like grape seed oil
1. Sauté the onion, carrot and garlic until translucent. Add the sea salt and cook for a few minutes longer. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and water. Gently mix in the sautéed vegetables. Let the mixture stay fluffy as the baking powder dissolves.
3. Heat a medium-size skillet on low medium heat. I like cast iron. Add a light layer of some grape seed oil on the bottom of the skillet Heat the oil just until a little water spatters across the top. Add a big scoop of the batter and quickly spread thin with a spoon. Let cook slowly until the bottom is light brown. Turn with a spatula. Let cook for a few minutes more. Turn out onto a heat proof plate and put in the oven at your lowest heat to stay warm.
4. Continue making the crepes until all the batter has been used.
5. Fill with your favorite tortilla/roll-up fillings. Enjoy!