A few posts ago, I talked about Lena, my Vegetable Lover of the Month. Here are two more of Lena’s school lunches from the past few weeks:
- Whole grain tortilla (I like the Ezekial brand) with smashed white beans and baked yam. After filling, heat a skillet with a bit of oil and warm the tortilla on both sides to soften. Then cut in smaller shapes for little hands to manage.
- A few rounds of field roast sausage. Give a moderate amount, it’s got a high salt content. They are GMO-free and look like they are in the process of getting Non-GMO Project Verified. One of these days I will make my own so I can reduce the salt, but for now it’s store-bought.
- Cubed steamed carrot
- Blanched kale
- Nori Rolls with baked yam and a little sauerkraut inside.
- Garbanzo bean spread with ground pumpkin seeds.
- Blanched carrots and green beans.
- Blanched kale. Lena likes to use the kale to pick up the spread and eats it that way. She also makes little carrot sandwiches with the spread tucked inside.
What vegetables do you like adding to your child’s lunches?